Written by: Manon Jacob
The Ultimate Guide for Maison et Objet 2018 – Maison et Objet Paris returns to Paris Nord Villepinte for yet another enlightening edition, from 19-23 January 2018. The world’s most beloved tradeshow is the perfect stage for industry professionals and design enthusiasts to discover new trends and expressions in a multitude of sectors!
Each year, Maison et Objet promises and delivers a creative and diverse space replete with uniqueness and business opportunities. Today, Paris Design Agenda will uncover a complete guide that will help you discover the best features that take place at the prestigious event, from general information to top exhibitors as well as luxury hotels located nearby and parallel events to M&O, so you can experience the Parisian spirit to the fullest!
Every details you need to know before Maison et Objet 2018:
- You can see a show map highlighting the three worlds of the esteemed trade show. MAISON&OBJET PARIS now offers a clearer perspective of three main areas: MAISON and its wide range of interior decoration, organised into different worlds; OBJET, the show’s concept store, ideal for retailers; and finally INFLUENCES and its unique itinerary. A new offer that has been created to facilitate communication and the unearthing of new products.
- Opening Time: From Friday to Monday: 09:30 am to 07:00 pm. Tuesday: 09:30 am to 06:00 pm.The event will feature a brand new campaign designed by Parisian graphic design studio Be-Pôles. Through the use of a colour gradient, the studio has asserted the trade show’s new visual identity, which is totally in synch with the Maison et Objet’s essence.
- If you want to know everything that is happening at M&O, feel free to download for free, the MAISON&OBJET app which will give you access to a series of things, from the list of exhibitors to plans, programmes, lectures, and events.
- In addition, you can also explore the MOM platform which is an endless source of inspiration. It helps to discover the most recently launched design products, projects, collections as well as your favourite brands, designers and architects, etc., not to mention that you can get into direct contact with leading players in the industry.
- Inspirations Theme: SHOW-ROOM Vincent Grégoire from the renowned Agency NellyRodi is set to design the Inspirations Space and the Bookshop-Café following this year’s theme, which is about the revolution present in consumer behaviour in all things related to decor.
- Rising Talent Awards: For the upcoming edition, Maison et Objet goes to Italy. The Rising Talent Awards feature six young Italian designers which were nominated by influential figures of the industry. Federica Biasi was chosen by Andrea Branzi, Antonio Facco by Giulio Cappellini, Marco Lavit Nicora was selected by Rosita Missoni, Kensaku Oshiro was picked by Piero Lissoni, Federico Peri was nominated by Luca Nichetto whereas Guglielmo Poletti was chosen by Rossana Orlandi. As a whole, this will come as a “wonderful opportunity for them to show their immense potential.”
- Designer of the Year: Quite recently, Cecilie Manz was recognised by Maison et Objet as the designer of the year. Manz is regarded as one of the best Scandinavian designers in the world. One of the most vital processes to her creative process is finding and maintaining the balance between civilisation and nature. Despite her taste for experimenting with new materials and exploring original functions, whenever Manz sits down at her drawing table the process is invariable but always stunning!
- Come January, Cecilie Manz will showcase an exhibition of her existing products as well as new designs in a warm and minimalist set, a constant that can be found in the designer’s creations.
Paris Déco Off18 – 22 January 2018Acting as a “rendezvous” between international interior designers and decoration editors, the event invites everyone eager to know the latest and best designs, to a festive environment through the streets of Paris and onto the most stylish and innovative showrooms. Paris Déco Off allows individuals to discover the world’s most outstanding fabric collections, home accessories and furniture designs.
The stands and brands you can’t miss:
- BOCA DO LOBO’s furniture is an exclusive emotional experience, a sense of belonging and a state of mind. The brands strive to encourage sensational experiences by creating beautiful pieces which are passionately inspired and handcrafted in Portugal by a team that loves what they do.
- ART ET FLORITUDE is a French manufacturer specialised in high-end and bespoke lighting sculpture.
- BRABBU is a design brand that reflects an intense way of living, bringing fierceness, strength and power into an urban lifestyle.
- DELIGHTFULL’s lighting cultivates a sincere passion for innovation and a true dedication to the revival of local artisan craftsmanship through long-lasting masterpieces.
- CIRCU’s world is full of magic and fantasy, where children’s dreams turn into reality! CIRCU wants to create spaces where children fall asleep playing, surrounded by life and joy.
- Fendi Casa has a rich repertoire of luxury furniture for your home. With an avant-garde intake mixed with retro details, every piece of their collections adds elegance, luxury and exclusivity to every ambience.
- Essential Home is the epitome of bohemian retro design. Its mid-century modern lines merge from important historical references from the ‘30s and 60’s. The harmony of masculine and feminine, classic and contemporary, high and low, is integral to the brand’s sense of style.
- Jonathan Adler is a design company dedicated to bringing Modern American Glamour to your life.
http://www.lalique.com/enThe name Lalique evokes the brilliance of crystal, the wonder of transparency and the radiance of jewellery.
- LIGNE ROSET: a passion for design developed over 150 years. Seating, furniture and decoration.
- Designing luxury lighting pieces, LUXXU blends the traditional forms with a unique elegant expression where the classics acquire new concepts using the contemporary personality.
- Founded in 1953, LLADRÓ is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of a wide range of artistic porcelain creations.
- Maison Valentina specialises in providing a collection capable of making your projects came true, with high-end solutions like bathtubs, washbasins and free-standing washbasins, etc.
- Founded by Luigi Allievi, Porada was born from the love of the wood in 1948, with the aim of expanding its production of chairs through the use of the best craftsmanship wood techniques.
- Moved by the concept of design component unity, Pullcast creates elements that support each other. Pullcast jewellery hardware is the key complement to your piece of furniture, the vibrating reflection of what details can add to a loving object.
- Being a history of vision and evolution, SELETTI focuses on design projects and on the creativity which characterizes the Italian excellence.
- With specialised designers, Rug’Society aims to bring the history and culture of tapestry to a current design in a way not to be just rugs, but works of art.
- Tom Dixon studio has been quietly working for the last 12 years on a broad selection of innovative projects and products for a wide variety of partners, brands, developers and entrepreneurs. The luxury brand delivers creative designs destined to inspire the world.
- Vincent Sheppard has been designing and manufacturing indoor and outdoor furniture with exceptional seating comfort since 1992.
- Innovation, design, function and client service are the objectives of VISTA ALEGRE ATLANTIS, the largest Iberic group in tableware and giftware.
- Vita is a place where beautiful Danish lighting design meets the Scandinavian feel, high-quality materials and a genuine care for the environment.
http://zaha-hadid-design.com/Zaha Hadid Design is a contemporary design practice, established in 2006 by the late Zaha Hadid, which explores applications of scale, space, material, experience, and innovation.
In conclusion, the multicultural platform of contemporary living provides a source of exclusive and forward-looking information to help understand and foresee market trends. Now, take a look at the best moments from the most recent edition of the event and get your Maison et Objet feels back on track because another season of design novelties and trends is fast approaching.
Keep following Basel Shows and get all the news about luxury brands, jewelry brands, watch brands, Basel and everything that this wonderful city brings to you!
Follow Basel Shows on PINTEREST!