The Future of Craftsmanship: Homo Faber’s Young Ambassadors – Several Homo Faber events will focus on the past and present of the Craftsmanship and Furniture Industries, but there is one particular exhibition/event that will focus on the Future of the ancient arts! We are talking about the HOMO FABER’S YOUNG AMBASSADORS. From 14-30 september, at Fondazione Giorgio Cini in Venice, Homo Faber will be an anthem to Craftsmanship and Arts et Métiers!
Venice host the Homo Faber Event, a Top Craftsmanship Design Event that is organized by the Michelangelo Foundation. At this prestigious and glorious event, design and craftsmanship will receive a new dimension with a unique setting that it was planned to elevate and honour the craftsmanship world!
More than 100 talented young women and men studying applied arts and design in some of Europe’s top educational establishments will bring Homo Faber to life for visitors in a unique joint educational and cultural mediation initiative of the Fondazione Giorgio Cini and the Michelangelo Foundation. Following a rigorous selection process, the 105 Young Ambassadors were chosen from 26 educational institutions which are a part of the Michelangelo Foundation’s informal network of like-minded organisations.
Of fundamental importance for the Foundation, the network has been forged to create a space for the community, mutual support and exchange across countries and disciplines. Both Homo Faber and its Young Ambassadors programme represent one of the network’s first major undertakings.
Representing 23 different nationalities and speaking 20 different languages, the Young Ambassadors are studying a range of subjects from architecture and design to shoemaking, gemstone engraving, wax modelling, stone masonry and cabinet making. They constitute some of the very best in young European talent and put a face on the future of creativity and craftsmanship. The students will be present during the exhibition to interact with visitors in the 16 different exhibit spaces in a meaningful way, explaining the many fascinating objects on display and imparting their own knowledge of the skills and techniques being used by master artisans right before their eyes.
Participation in this one-of-a-kind programme offers the students a unique opportunity to meet some of Europe’s finest artisans, designers, institutions and luxury houses, as well as to interact with their peers and to form a network to carry with them into their future careers. The Young Ambassadors programme is an educational initiative of the Fondazione Giorgio Cini in partnership with the Michelangelo Foundation, organisers of Homo Faber. The 105 participating Young Ambassadors come from 26 educational institutions in 15 European countries and they are:
– Ecole Boulle, Paris, France
– Les Compagnons du Devoir et du Tour de France, France
– Haute Ecole de Joaillerie Paris, Paris, France
– Ecole Duperré, Paris, France
– Akademie fur Kunst und Gestaltung, Kassel, Germany
– Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli, Istituto Europeo di Design Como, Italy
– Scuola Superiore dell’Arte della Medaglia – IPZS S.p.A., Rome,
– Skills & Design Courses, Kilkenny, Design & Crafts Council of Ireland, Ireland
– Art Academy of Latvia, Riga, Latvia
– Vilnius Academy of Arts, Vilnius, Lithuania
– Escola Superior de Artes Decorativas, Ricardo do Esperito Santo Silva Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal
– Escola Massana, Barcelona, Spain
– City & Guilds of London Art School, United Kingdom
– Mozarteum University Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
– UMPRUM, Academy of Arts, Architecture & Design, Prague, Czech Republic
– Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen, Denmark
– Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs, Paris, France
– Creative Academy, Milan, Italy
– Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
– Università Iuav di Venezia, Venice, Italy
– Academy of Fine Arts, Warsaw, Poland
– Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Institute of Architecture, Bratislava, Slovakia
– Ecole Cantonale d’Art – écal, Lausanne, Switzerland
– Haute Ecole d’Art et de Design, Geneva, Switzerland
– London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London, London, United Kingdom
– Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London, London, United Kingdom
– Università di Comunicazione e Lingue IULM, Milan, Italy
Keep following Basel Shows and get all the news about luxury brands, jewelry brands, watch brands, Basel and everything that this wonderful city brings to you! Follow Basel Shows on PINTEREST!
You may also like: